Tbilisi Shelter City call for applications
Truth Hounds and Analytical Center for Interethnic Cooperation and Consultations invite human rights defenders to apply for the participation in the Tbilisi Shelter City Program.
Tbilisi Shelter City is the program of rehabilitation, professional development and support to human rights defenders. It is aimed at addressing security threats for the human rights defenders offering them the opportunity for temporary (3 months) relocation from the risky environment. The program includes 3 months course during which a human rights defender is provided by safe accommodation, receives opportunities for professional development and getting new skills, networking and, in case of need, psychological and medical assistance. In particular, the program includes the following components:
- Rehabilitation activities
- Educational programs
- Skills development
- Public presentations, networking events
It is assumed that participants will be able to return to their country after the end of the program. However, in the exceptional cases (high security threats) it is possible to prolong the stay of a defender in the shelter.
- Human rights defenders in the broader sense are eligible to apply (lawyers, civil society activists, journalists whose professional activity is related to human rights).
- Participation in the program should decrease risks connected to the professional activities of a HRD and/or prevent professional burnout, traumatisation. HRD should be willing to participate in educational and public events offered by the program.
- In the exceptional cases its is possible for a HRD to take part in the program together with immediate family members, however HRD should be ready for the relocation on his/her own.
- A HRD should be conducting professional activities in at least one of the following countries: Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Turkmenistan, Tadzhikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan.
To apply/ submit the application of a human rights defender, please e-mail us until July 15. The selection process is supervised by the Steering Committee, decisions on each participant are taken individually. For those who will be selected the program will start from the middle August.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +995555430046.
You will find a structure of application form here: call_for_applications_tbishelter_eng_summer.docx