The Human Rights Movement: Bir Duino – Kyrgyzstan
The Human Rights Movement: Bir Duino – Kyrgyzstan is the legal successor of the Human Rights Center "Citizens against Corruption". Its mission is the protection of human rights and freedoms by promoting the establishment of good governance and the rule of law in Kyrgyzstan. The main purpose of the Movement is to facilitate practical implementation of humanitarian articles of the Helsinki Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) in 1975, other international legal instruments developed for its implementation as well as all other obligations of Kyrgyzstan in the field of human rights and fundamental freedoms.
Organization mission and vision: “Protection of human rights and freedoms through assistance in establishing principles of good governance and rule of law in Kyrgyzstan.”
Organization goal: “Creating a sustainable and inclusive human rights movement in the Kyrgyz Republic, promoting human dignity, respect of human rights and strengthening the political space for CSOs.”
Based on analysis of the internal and external environment of the organization for 2018-2020, the organization team set up the following GOAL: To preserve the political space for human rights activities in the Kyrgyz Republic, protect and promote the values of human rights and sustainability of activities of the Human Rights Movemen “BDK”, as well as to ensure the depoliticization of the activities of law enforcement agencies and judiciary in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Organization main activities:
- Promotion of rule of law in the Kyrgyz Republic and assistance in implementation of the humanitarian articles of the 1979 Helsinki Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), other international legal documents approved for its development, as well as all other commitments of Kyrgyzstan in the field of human rights and fundamental freedoms;
- Protection of citizens’ rights to freedom of association;
- Preservation of political space for CSOs;
- Fight against torture and inhuman treatment;
- Promotion of juvenile justice in the KR and protection of rights of children and youth, remaining in group of risk;
- Depoliticization of the activities of law enforcement agencies and judicial system in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Protection of women's rights through the involving in women’s leaderships, political and public participation;
- Conducting an Annual Documentary Film Festival “Bir Duino-Kyrgyzstan” as a participatory, horizontal Civil Society Platform for promotion democracy, human rights and citizens participations in decision making process;
- Promotion of civic education.